If you’re facing a crisis and need short-term housing for your pet, LifeLine may be able to help. Our Safety Net program finds temporary foster homes for pets whose owners are facing hardship. Our goal is to keep families together!
Once qualified for the Safety Net program, your pet(s) will be placed in a home with one of our approved foster parents. Contact us sooner than later! We have a better chance of assisting you if you sign up no less than 5 days in advance of the time you need placement.
Become a Safety Net Foster Parent
Our ability to help pet owners seeking assistance is largely dependent on how many foster homes we have available. We need your help! Can you host a loved pet in need for 30 day increments?
Complete the questionnaire below, and you will receive an email confirmation that includes a link to our Safety Net Foster manual and Safety Net Foster orientation video. Then, our Foster Teams will reach out with next steps!
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Provide a safe, indoor, temperature-controlled space and adequate food.
- Agree to and maintain strict confidentiality regarding the safety net pet owner and the pet who you are caring for.
- Live within a reasonable travel distance to your chosen shelter.
- (For dogs) Provide transportation to your chosen shelter for pet owner visits with the pet conducted by shelter staff.
- (For cats) Provide recorded video of the pet owner’s cat for the Foster Coordinator to share with the pet owner.
- Stay in contact with your Foster Coordinator.
Your donation helps support programs like Safety Net Fostering.
With your help, we can keep more people & pets together where they belong.