Our Dog for the Day program is a great way to give our pups a break from the shelter environment and get them seen by potential adopters! You can take one of our pups to the park, go for a hike, or simply relax in your home. The potential for fun is endless!
To participate in Dog for the Day, please adhere to the following program guidelines:
- Participating humans MUST be 18 years or older.
- All dogs eligible to participate are spayed/neutered, microchipped, and up to date on vaccines.
- You will be provided with a leash, harness, and an “adopt-me” vest for the dog you choose.
- Participating dogs MUST remain on leash at all times, unless in a enclosed area of your home or a private fenced-in yard.
- Participating dogs are not allowed to go to dog parks or to meet other pets.
Get started by picking and clicking on a LifeLine shelter below. Then, select the “Dog for the Day” pick-up option. For the addresses of each shelter, visit our contact page.
FULTON COUNTY ANIMAL SERVICES
DEKALB COUNTY ANIMAL SERVICES
COMMUNITY ANIMAL CENTER
Share your adventure!
Be sure to post about your fun day with your shelter dog on social media! Potential adopters love to see adoptable dogs enjoying a day outside of the shelter. You never know who may be watching, and your friends can always share your post to reach even more people.
Also, please send any notes, photos, and videos of your day to email@example.com. We may also share your outing to our social media channels, feature the story in a blog post, use the story for greater promotion of our programs, and will use the information to better advertise the dog to potential adopters who come into our shelter. We cannot thank you enough for capturing valuable information about our shelter dogs!
Every donation helps us keep people & pets together.