Many dogs in our care are happy, healthy, and ready to find their forever home, but space in the shelter is very limited. All they need from you is a comfy place to stay, a little love, and help finding their perfect match!
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Veterinary Care – Vaccinations, spay/neuter surgery, microchip, de-wormer, heartworm treatment and prevention, flea and tick prevention, and more!
- Supplies – This includes a starter bag of Purina® Dog Chow, medium-to- large sized crate, a collar, leash and other supplies as available.
- Weekly Training Sessions – LifeLine’s Animal Behavior Specialist, Sharon Eikey, teaches positive reinforcement training techniques at our Community Animal Center every Saturday.
- Specialized Support – Our Foster Coordinators are dedicated to supporting you throughout your foster experience. A seasoned volunteer foster coach will be assigned to you when you pick up your first foster dog.
- Adoption Assistance – We encourage you to actively market your foster dog to adopters. To help, your foster dog will appear on our adoption page listings which receive over 25,000 page views each month! We also host adoption events throughout the metro Atlanta area and virtually.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Live within a reasonable travel distance to your chosen shelter
- Provide transportation for veterinary visits or emergencies
- Provide a safe, indoor, temperature-controlled space and adequate food
- Stay in contact with your Foster Coordinator and Foster Coach
- Allow a periodic home visit every 6 months as required by GA law
Every donation helps us keep people & pets together.