Many dogs in our care are happy, healthy, and ready to find their forever home, but space in the shelter is very limited. All they need from you is a comfy place to stay, a little love, and help finding their perfect match!
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Veterinary Care – Vaccinations, spay/neuter surgery, microchip, de-wormer, heartworm treatment and prevention, flea and tick prevention, and more!
- Supplies – This includes a starter bag of Purina® Dog Chow, medium-to- large sized crate, a collar, leash and other supplies as available.
- Weekly Training Sessions – LifeLine’s Animal Behavior Team teaches positive reinforcement training techniques at our Community Animal Center every Saturday.
- Specialized Support – Our Foster Coordinators are dedicated to supporting you throughout your foster experience. A seasoned volunteer foster coach will be assigned to you when you pick up your first foster dog.
- Adoption Assistance – We encourage you to actively market your foster dog to adopters. To help, your foster dog will appear on our adoption page listings which receive over 25,000 page views each month! We also host adoption events throughout the metro Atlanta area and virtually.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- MUST LIVE IN GEORGIA and live within a reasonable travel distance to your chosen shelter
- Must provide transportation for veterinary visits or emergencies
- Must provide a safe, indoor, temperature-controlled space and adequate food
- Must stay in contact with your Foster Coordinator and Foster Coach
- Must allow a periodic home visit every 6 months as required by Georgia law
STEPS TO TAKE
- Complete the form below. This is not a commitment to foster, but the more information you provide the better our teams can match you with a foster pet. Completing the form also allows us to contact you by email with foster opportunities in the future.
- Check your email (including Spam or Junk folders). The next steps specific to your preferred foster location will be emailed to you immediately after submitting this form.
- Follow the steps provided. A general rule of thumb would to be visit your preferred foster location in person. Contact information, addresses, and hours of operation can be found here.
Every donation helps us keep people & pets together.