Whatever your weekend plans are, our shelter pups would love a mini vacation with you. Our dogs benefit greatly when they take a break from the shelter, and the information that you share about them helps us better match them with potential adopters.
Pets eligible for this program primarily include medium to large dogs. We ask that you commit to at least three days: they can be any three days of the week! Not just Friday through Sunday. You are more than welcome to keep the dog as long as you’d like after that. We’ll provide you with a crate and food for the weekend!
Complete the Dog Foster Questionnaire below and select “Weekend Warrior” in the dog foster programs question.
WHAT TO EXPECT
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- We’ll provide you with a sturdy leash, collar, an “Adopt Me” vest/bandana, crate, starter food, and the dog’s LifeLine business cards.
- Place a towel or sheet in your car for the dog to rest on.
- Make sure you are comfortable with the dog. We want both you and the dog to have a successful outing.
DURING THE 3 DAYS
- Keep the dog on a leash and in your control (within 6 feet of you) at all times while in public.
- Dog parks are NEVER allowed, and avoid feeding the dog human food.
- Enjoy different Atlanta sights like the Beltline, Piedmont Park, Arabia Mountain, Kennesaw Mountain, etc.
- Take many photos and videos, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HAVE FUN!
If you have any questions during your weekend getaway, you can email:
- Fulton County Animal Services: email@example.com
- DeKalb County Animal Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LifeLine Community Animal Center: email@example.com
Send photos, videos, and details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
State of the Shelters
Throughout the year, stay informed about the state of the shelters, and how you can get involved and make a difference.
Dog Friendly Spots in Atlanta
Atlanta is a fun city with so much to explore. With so many great places to hang out, see which ones are dog-friendly so you can bring your pup along!
Every donation helps us keep people & pets together.