LifeLine Animal Project has partnered with a national nonprofit, "Pets for Patriots," to help U.S. military veterans adopt the pet of their dreams.
Pets for Patriots aims to get harder-to-adopt pets out of shelters while offering free memberships to U.S. veterans and incentives to help them care for their new pet. The organization has a network of shelters that their members can use to find their perfect pet, and they pre-screen members before they visit shelters to make sure they’ll be good pet parents.
Every Pets for Patriots member who adopts an eligible shelter pet receives the following:
- A $150 pet gift card for food and other essentials
- Ongoing discounted veterinary care through partner vets
- Discounts on pet food, treats, medication, supplies and health insurance
- Post-adoption follow up calls for a minimum of six months.
LifeLine provides free adoptions on eligible pets to all of the organization’s members. To be eligible for a Pets for Patriots adoption, a shelter pet must meet only none of the following criteria:
- Be at least two years old
- Have a special need such as a disability/medical condition
- Weigh more than 40 lbs.
To learn more about the program or to sign up, please visit www.petsforpatriots.org.